Kenneth Okonkwo Biography / Age / Movies : Top 5 things To Know About Him
Full name : Arinzechukwu Kenneth Okonkwo biography
Nickname : Andy
Date of Birth : November 6 1968
Place of Birth / State of Origin: Nsukka, Enugu state, Nigeria
Early Life and History
The veteran Nollywood actor who is now into active politics was born on the 6th of November in the year 1968 in Nsukka, Enugu State Nigeria. After his primary and secondary education Kenneth Okonkwo went on to study business administration at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in Enugu state which he graduated from with a degree. He later went on to further his education with a masters degree in International Law and Diplomacy at the University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos state (UNILAG). Kenneth Okonkwo after his Masters degree later went on to study Theology at a Bible School.
The veteran actor who hates aggression has been married twice with two children.
Kenneth Okonkwo, is known by a lot of people as ‘Andy’. According to the Barrister, he became a born-again Christian in the year 1994. His first marriage was in the year 2000, to Ogechi Ezekiel, who was the only daughter of Pastor Ezekiel, the General Overseer of Christian Pentecostal Mission International. The marriage to Ogechi barely lasted two years as it crashed in the year 2002. Though the marriage produced a son. However, he found true love again and re- married in the year 2007 to his present wife, Ifeoma. The union was without a child for nine years before they finally welcomed their first child on May 7th this year.
Nollywood and Movies on Kenneth Okonkwo Biography
He began acting in the year 1991 and joined Nollywood movie industry in the year 1992 as a professional actor. His first movie was ‘Living in Bondage’ a Nigerian thriller which he played the role of ‘Andy’, before he featured in the Television Soap Opera Ripple where he played the role of Captain John Mark. He has since featured in many other interesting movies that delighted his fans in Nigeria and the whole world.
Awards and Nominations on Kenneth Okonkwo Biography
- Won Special Recognition Award at the 2015 City People Entertainment Awards
- Winner African Actor award by Zulu African Film Academy Awards (ZAFAA) 2009 and 2011
Top 5 things to know about him
- He was one of the pioneers of modern day Nollywood.
- He played the lead role ‘Andy’ in the first Nollywood movie ‘Living in bondage’.
- The Institute of Chartered Economists of Nigeria conferred on him a honorary award of Professional Fellowship Doctorate (Pfd).
- Kenneth Okonkwo is a renowned Legal Practitioner, a prolific writer, motivational speaker, philanthropist and a public affairs analyst.
- He is currently into active politics
That’s it on ” Kenneth Okonkwo Biography : Top 5 things To Know About Him “, share your suggestions with us through the comment box and like us on facebook.com/9jaquest or follow us on twitter.com/NaijaQuest.
- Naijaloaded News Update on Nigeria Top 21 Naijaloaded
- Patience Ozokwor Biography : Top 5 Things To Know About Her
- Naija News Now Nigeria Latest Today
Tags: Kenneth Okonkwo Biography , Kenneth okonkwo age movies family
tag : Kenneth Okonkwo Biography