Top 20 Richest Man in Africa 2017
Here is the recently updated list of the top 20 richest man in Africa. Though Africa is a continent lagging behind, there are still lots of rich men in the continent. This article lists the top 20 richest men in Africa and gives brief info about them. I only listed those men that are known to have made fortune in legitimate ways. I am sure you want to know them, so continue reading.
The Top 20 Richest Man In Africa 2017
20. Theophilus Danjuma Net Worth $1.8 Billion
Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma is a Nigerian and was formerly a military man. He is the chairman of SAPETRO, a Nigerian upstream oil and gas exploration and production company.
19. Miloud Chaabi & family – Net Worth: $1.3 Billion
Miloud Chaabi is a Moroccan, the founder of Ynna Holding and the owner of the Riad Mogador hotel
chain and group of supermarkets “Aswak Assalam”.
18. Aziz Akhannouch & family – Net Worth: $1.8 Billion
Aziz Akhannouch is a Moroccan and the majority owner of Akwa
Group. Akwa group is a company involved in petroleum, gas and chemicals.
17. Onsi Sawiris – Net Worth: $1.9 Billion
Onsi Sawiris is an Egyptian and also the founder of Orascom Construction Industries.
16. Stephen Saad – Net Worth: $1.9 Billion
Stephen Saad is a South African and founder of Aspen Pharmacare. Aspen sells generic medicines in 150 countries.
15. Koos Bekker – Net Worth: $2.0 Billion
Koos Bekker is a South African and chairman of leading merging markets media group, Naspers. Naspers operates in 130 countries.
14. King Mohammed VI – Net Worth: $2.1 Billion
Mohammed VI is the present king of Morocco, became the king of Morocco on 23 July 1999. He inherited a lot of assets from his father.
13. Patrice Motsepe – Net Worth: $2.3 Billion
Patrice Motsepe is a South African and owner of African Rainbow Minerals (ARM). African Rainbow Minerals is involved in: platinum, nickel, chrome, iron, manganese, coal, copper and gold.
12. Yasseen Mansour – Net Worth: $2.3 Billion
Yasseen Mansour an Egyptian and one of the major share holders in Palm Hills Developments. He and his two brothers, Youssef and Mohammed, run Mansour Group.
11. Othman Benjelloun – Net Worth: $2.4 Billion
Othman Benjelloun is a Moroccan and CEO of Banque Marocaine du Commerce Extérieur. BMCE operates in 20 African countries.
10. Youssef Mansour – Net Worth: $2.9 Billion
Youssef Mansour is an Egyptian and stake holder at Mansour Group. Youssef is in charge of the consumer goods division and he is currently the top 10 richest Man in Africa 2017.
9. Naguib Sawiris – Net Worth: $3.0 Billion
Naguib Sawiris is an Egyptian billionaire and son of Onsi Sawiris.
8. Issad Rebrab & family – Net Worth: $3.2 Billion
Issad Regrab is an Algerian and chairman of Cevital. Cevital is a company that produces sugar, vegetable oil and margarine.
- 7. Mohamed Mansour – Net Worth: $4.0 Billion
Mohamed Mansour is an Egyptian and stakeholder at Mansour Group. Mansour Group has hands in automotive, capital markets, consumer and retail, industrial equipment, andvservices.
6. Mike Adenuga – Net Worth: $4.6 Billion
Mike Adenuga is a Nigerian and founder of Glo. Glo is a mobile telecommunication company.
5. Christoeffel Wiese – Net Worth: $5.4 Billion
Christoeffel Wiese is a South African and chairman as well as a shareholder of Shoprite.
4. Nassef Sawiris – Net Worth: $6.1 Billion
Nassef Sawiris is an Egyptian and runs Orascom Construction Industries. Orascom Construction Industries is a valuable publicly-traded company.
3. Nicky Oppenheimer – Net Worth: $6.8 Billion
Nicky Oppenheimer is a South African and a diamond seller.
2. Johann Rupert – Net Worth: $7.3 Billion
Johann Rupert’s is a South African and chief of luxury goods outfit.
1. Aliko Dangote – Net Worth: $21.6 Billion
Aliko Dangote is a Nigerian, currently the richest Man in Africa and owner of Dangote Group. Dangote Group is Africa’s biggest cement manufacturer and also produces food products like: noodles, spaghetti and milk.
- How Much is Euro To Naira Exchange Rate In Black Market
- Mmm Kenya : What is MMM Kenya
- Natural Resources In Nigeria And Their Uses Top 5
Tags : The List of Top 20 Richest Man In Africa 2017 , Richest African Men